Saturday, March 28, 2009

Trinny & Susannah are in town! They are going to the shopping centre just around the corner from my house, and I am wondering if I should go along to learn how to Dress Proper, and not look so frumpy and dishevelled all the time. Maybe I could even have my own personal fashion analysis, which I fear would go like this:

Trinny: Your arse looks terribly fat in those pants.
Me: Oh. Um.
Susannah: And that top! Your tits look like two lumpy potatoes.
Me: Uh.
Trinny: You look like a prostitute.
Me: I thought I was dressed quite modestly...
Susannah: HOOKER!
Trinny: SLAG!

Etc.

Maybe I won't go along, after all.

In brief:
  • I finally bought what I needed to start playing with my dodgy Thailand video on my PC, only to discover that my video camera (which is apparently a dinosaur at the ripe old age of 2) is now being an utter bitch and is incompatible with everything. So now I have to get a new camera.
  • I am taking this week off The Piano as I've finished all the lessons that I have paid for and need to commit to another 10-week term. Before handing out large wads of cash, I've decided to check out a place which is closer to home this week, to see if I can get the same thing without the long drive.
  • I think that the Chrimbo gut is pretty much gone, revealing the long-standing Beer Gut I have had for so long. Getting rid of something which has been so firmly attached to my body since my teens is not going to be easy, but I've got 7 weeks left to try.
  • My manual driving test is booked for the 28th of April, hoorah! Sometimes I forget I have a clutch, and stall the car, and accelerate wildly towards red lights, but hey. I'm sure I've got a shot.
I hope you have had a spectacular week. Full of rainbows and lollipops, etc.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, it's low self-esteem week in blog land. Lucy and Shelley are all on a downer as well.

If it's any consolation, my mental picture of you is still pretty hot. Sort of a cross between Anne Hathaway and Amy Acker. Actually, please try not to shatter that image, OK?

Lucy said...

Jesus Mark, I was actually feeling quite fine until your comment. But I'm feeling quite chipper thanks.

Btw R.A.T I love love love Trinny and Susannah but wow would I never let them judge my fashion sense. My ego would never recover.

RAT said...

Mark, would you believe it, that is EXACTLY what I look like. Excellent guesswork, my friend.

Lucy, yep, that's why I didn't go. I enjoy dressing like a bum far too much. I watched some Youtube videos of their Westfield appearances and they were telling a lot of women they looked rubbish. And also groping their boobs quite a bit.