Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So, the blogging itch is starting to niggle away at me, yet again. I know that I'm starting to head down the same path when I find myself with random urges to write things down, and the fact that I've just bought a notebook to carry around with me is a perfect example. However, I'm yet to write anything in fear of somebody finding it, pointing and laughing at my emo poetry, or whatever I've decided to commit to paper. Plus, I can type approximately 3000 times faster than I can write, so I find myself here, yet again.

I have been dealing with all sorts of philosophical bullshit of late, the "what am I doing with my life", "why am I on this planet", "am I better off becoming a hobo than sitting in this job for the next 20 years" thoughts that generally plague the 20-something. i.e. The Usual. I am reading deep, dark and scary books and considering spending my free time in a cafe, wearing a black turtleneck and a beret and loudly declaring my thoughts on Nietzsche to a bunch of people who click instead of clap. That's what they do in the movies, right?

I am wondering if I will ever feel like it's ok to Settle, and be content with my mediocre life, and Have Kids, and all of the stuff that I'm supposed to do now that I'm an adult but really don't feel like I am, and may never be, ready for it.

And you thought I was kidding about the emo poetry, didn't you?

So I might start up another blog some place to spew and belch vitriol all over the internet, as it's been a while. Or maybe I won't, if I continue to be a lazy git.

In bright and sunny news:
  • Things with the new chap are going swimmingly! Sunshine and rainbows and all of that.
  • I am going to Melbourne for my birthday later this month, and it will be tip-top.
  • It's only two months until I go overseas on the very long world-wide holiday, and right now I'm about 5% excited and 95% freaking out that I won't have enough cash. However, I have mad cash-saving skillz, so I am hoping that all will be ok. If not, those hobo dreams may be fulfilled involuntarily.
  • I am completing a ridiculously nerdy training course for work at the moment, and it hurts my brain.
And, well. That's about it.

5 comments:

ihatemyname said...

Come tumblr with me!
The blog was bringing me down, maybe because i knew it held all the shittest bits of my life over the last few months. So I am leaving it behind.

Also.

Never settle. Settling has nothing to do with having kids or getting married. If you are settling you're accepting something less than what you want. If what you want is hubby and kids you will know and you won't feel like using that ugly ugly word. You will be... adventuring!

ihatemyname said...

Come tumblr with me!
The blog was bringing me down, maybe because i knew it held all the shittest bits of my life over the last few months. So I am leaving it behind.

Also.

Never settle. Settling has nothing to do with having kids or getting married. If you are settling you're accepting something less than what you want. If what you want is hubby and kids you will know and you won't feel like using that ugly ugly word. You will be... adventuring!

Adam said...

What's a tumblr? You kids and your fancy names for things, is this one of those fangle machines that dry clothes without a hills hoist?

Also.

MELBSSS!!!!! Come to where it is cold and ridiculously overheated and you can wear boots. Girls love that.

ihatemyname said...

It's true. I am a girl and I love to wear boots. But don't go to Melbourne, stay in Brisbane, where it's...

Actually I can't think of a defense for Brisbane.

Mark said...

What books?