Sunday, November 30, 2008

Just watched:

Taken. If you like Bourne-type movies, then this is right up your alley. Oh, it is so far up your alley. What I thought was going to be 93 minutes of Qui-Gon Jinn faffing about like a git, was actually full of SO much arse-kicking that it has reached its arse-kicking limit. I don't think it is possible to fit more arse-kicking into a movie. And karate chops to the neck. Neck chops, and arse-kicking GALORE. We watched it last night, and had beers, and yelled "yeah!" and "phwoar!"

Currently reading:

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I am ashamed to say how long this book has taken me, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the book and everything to do with the fact that I just haven't been reading lately. I guess it comes down to work, but lately I seem to prefer to put in headphones and zone out when I'm on the bus, rather than read. But! The book! The book is quite good.

Listening to:

The Cassette Kids. They are pretty darn cool. I feel so young and hip right now.

Feeling:

Hot (hot hot), as summer seems to be kicking in, well and truly. My little green shitbox has had to crank up its dusty old air conditioner over the past couple of days, and it doesn't like it one bit. Expect the compulsory summer complaints of "why do I live in this country when I hate the heat so much" to commence shortly.


Doing:

General Sunday stuff. Cleaning. Booking flights to Thailand for February (with a day spent in Brunei on the way there to pop in and say hello to the Sultan). I've put up the Christmas tree and shoved a couple of presents under it. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere you go. Etc. I went to the shops yesterday, and some kids were getting their picture taken with Santa, at a cost of $49.95 to the parents. What the EFF. I swear that shit was free when I was a kid.

Eating:

Gingernut biscuits. Because nobody can deny the awesomeness of the gingernut.

7 comments:

Adam said...

Despite being a total dude who is always doing things in the most manly of ways, so much so, that Chuck Norris is always commenting "Man, that man's a manly man!" under his breath while I'm crushing beercans with my eyeballs and slaming fenceposts into the ground without any tools, I really enjoyed that book. It was supergood.

Chuck 'The art of racing in the rain' written by some dude or chick on your To Read list, also supergood.

Anonymous said...

Santa is bollox, but the thing that really freaked me out as a child was the talking Christmas tree. Do they still have those? Where some chick sits behind one-way glass with a microphone and makes the tree talk to kids? I thought the tree was going to try and hurt me. Fuckin' stranger danger, y'know?

Anonymous said...

Oh man, My Sisters Keeper, I loved that book even though it made me cry and cry.

So much so that I'm working my way through the rest of her books.

Rugby Weather said...

A good book to read is "The Road". Touching, sad, depressing, and uplifting. The end made me cry. Awesome book. If you get a chance, read it!!

Rugby Weather said...

I forgot to add...check out the Movie "Old Boy". Talk about ass-kicking and it has a Psychological aspect that leaves you feeling like your ass has been kicked!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

phishez said...

Oh, I loved Taken. I don't think he killed quite enough guys in that movie. Liam Neeson ROCKS!

RAT said...

Adam, consider it added. I love book recommendations, hoorah! And I still haven't finished it. I am the laziest girl in all the land.

Mark, I don't remember any talking trees, possibly because I blocked those traumatising memories out of my mind. Is a talking tree what they have when they can't find any Santas to hire?

Lucy, I know it'll be a tear-jerker. The whole thing is one big lead-up to a giant teary; I can tell. I have a box of tissues next to the bed, ready and waiting.

Rugby Weather, thanks for the book recommendation, and that movie looks great. And it's only $9.97 on ezydvd, whoo! Freaky Korean movies are right up my alley.

Phishez, I normally don't get too excited about movies, but that one was good. I don't think that anyone has ever kicked more arse than Liam Neeson in that movie.